Small Plastic Model Aircraft

About 20 - 25 years ago there was a toy store in Lexington, KY called Thornberry's. They carried a line of small plastic aircraft models that were very detailed for their size. The aircraft came in a small box about 4-5" square with a plastic "window" on the front. Some of the models that I can recall were a Spirit of St. Louis, the Hindenberg, Howard Hughes' Flying boat, and various WWII fighters. Does anyone remember these models? I am trying to see if they might still be available, either commercially or on one of the online auction web sites.

Reply to
Greg

I remember something similar in the 70s...I see planes like that in some local hobby shops,but not sure if they are the same brand. I had a small Wright Flyer that I loved to play with as a child Now I just play with models lol

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

These were made by Bachmann and while they are not available any more (Ebay?) Model Power, Corgi, and a few others have lines that are similar. There is getting to be ALOT of pre-finished airplanes on the market these days.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Sounds like the old Bachman line of pre-built plastic models.

BTW: I understand that the two-kit "Wright Flyer" and "Spirit of St. Louis" model released around a year ago by Glencoe where the old Bachman models in unassembled form.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

They were actually from ancient ITC tooling, long pre-dating the Bachman models.

Reply to
Al Superczynski