New 1/48 Vigilante

Hey everyone ! Hannants has listed in their upcoming releases a Trumpeter

1/48 RA-5C Vigilante (kit number 48809) !

Finally !

Gilles

Reply to
Danie et Gilles

Hub & Diane Plott

RA-5C and a Condor??? GET OUTTA HERE!!!

Reply to
Steve Faxon

It never fails, I bought Koster's big 1/48 vac-u-form and now someone is releasing an injected one.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah, that thing. No wonder the stash grows and grows. Man, I bought a Zero a few years back, and now there's a new one again :-) Same with the 109....

I can tell you though, ship fans are rolling in it like pigs in mud. Who'd have thought you could get TWO of the best plastic model companies producing IJN (okay, let's say JMSDF) AEGIS class (Kongo), plus photo-etch to go with it.... oooh boy, gotta take a vacation and start building. Then I won't mind when the next replacement kit comes out.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

It would be nice if they'd issue and Adams class destroyer in plastic. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Thank you for your sacrifice, Bill. Someone had to take the leap in order for the rest of us to get those aircraft in an injection-molded kit ;~)

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Yeah! But it ain't foolproof. I just finished that 1/48 scale vac-u-form Martin Baltimore for the Glenn L. Martin Museum's collection and I haven't heard of anyone announcing a 1/48 injected Baltimore.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

quick, someone build a 1/48 vac-vulcan.

If I could find one of Aero-Club's beauties, I'd give it a go. I was not too financially well set when they marketed that kit and now it is out of production and mainly a collector's piece. Oh Well!!

Bill Shuey

Has anybody out there got a Rareplanes 1/72 scale Consolidated PB2Y "Coronado" they would like to part with??

Reply to
William H. Shuey

and a polite inquiry to them yielded a no plans or thoughts of another production run despite high intrest.

Toottoot commented:

Hang on I'm working on it! BUT I made a mistake, decided about three years ago to open the bomb bay and it has now gone from a one year model to a four year part time "opus". In this case "Opus" as in penguin!!

Oxmoron1 MFE and slow to boot!

Reply to
OXMORON1

is the blue steel built yet?

toottoot asked concerning the Vulcan:

Heck no, I just finished all the nav and ewo stations, which can't be seen when you close the fuslage up! But I know they are there. Short cutting to a "Blackbuck" a/c

oxmoron1 I should have just paonted the interior black and said it was in there

Reply to
OXMORON1

any pics? i would trad my first born for that kit. (he's able to deal.)