1/48 Apollo Question

they upcoming reissue of the CM and LM module kit are not the versions used in the moon landings.

Question - Are the kits used in the 1/48 moon landing kit with the moon base the same early kits or corrected for the proper moon landing versions.

If so I was thinking about swapping them out with the ones provided with the reissue..

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Obviousman

The Tranquility Base or Space Hero Buzz Aldren LM re-pop was originally issued by Monogram - the stack that is being reissued was originally by Revell - separate companies at the time. One would think some things would be interchangeable - the one big difference is the landing gear is folded in the stack the Monogram kit has them deployed - so you'd have to also swap kit to kit parts. The S-band atenna may also need mods for launch. I think at some point there were aftermarket parts to update the CSM. One would hope someone is working that now for the reissue.

Val Kraut

.
Reply to
Val Kraut

It's been said that the Monogram LM is more accurate than the Revell one. I will be replacing it in mine when I get it.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX