Revell (Renwal) Atomic Cannon - Fall release

Go to bottom of page - click on fall 2011 releases - time to visit the vik site for accuracy.

Now if they'd only do the 50s space stuff over again.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Atomic Annie...now you know where the joke about the towns in Germany being only two kilotons apart came from. The shell that gun fired was 15 KT.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

and the 1/48 Apollo CM/LM kit too !! whooeeee!

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

and the 1/48 Apollo CM/LM kit too !! whooeeee!

Before you get two excited remember this kit came out long before the first landing - the CSM is Block I - Earth orbital test flights only. Block II units went to the moon. The LM represented the design with thin aluminum whipple shields/thermal shields painted white and black. The final flight configuration used mylar themal blankets. If they haven't changed anything this could be a scratch builders dream. At least this suffers from what was known at the time of relelase that became overcome by events in the program. Like the first Monogram F-14 that was designed based on the full scale wooden mockup Grumman had build as part of the proposal. The flight aircraft were significantly different.

I'll probably try to build and fix this one. Working on the 8in SP Howitzer now - trying almost out of the box. Not quite possible - like hollow road wheels. But I'm not up to guys like Vink who scratch build 700 parts for a kit that started out with 300 like the Atomic Cannon.

I can understand an early LM kit being inaccurate - but the Renwal Blueprint models seem to be a unbelieveably inaccurate for the manufacturers claim of designed from official blueprints.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Just gonna build it as is. Remember this being my favorite kit as a kid - never entered my mind if the thing was the one used on the moon landings or not. just a big, cool looking kit.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

And also, the LES (launch escape system) is attached directly to the CM. There is no BPC (boost protective cover).

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

the Legend of LAX wrote in news:UoidneRRO-wpqEHQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That oughta help.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

fall 2011 releases - =A0time to visit the

Yeah, heard that a lot, distances were measured in Kt. No doubt locals were not thrilled with American humor.

Would be a fun build though, remember it as a kid.

Interestingly there are some photos on the web of how it would crunch cars, buildings, might make some interesting dioramas. What the heck, its not real money when Base Legal writes a check for damages....

Reply to
frank