So, what's the most interesting thing you've ever found...

Most interesting thing I found????? My dick up my old girlfriends asshole!!!!!! She was a big Churchgoer, and one night , she started puising against me with her ass, next thing you know I was in the poopshoot and she was saying HARDER!!!!!!!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!!

She came like a moose, and so did I!!!!!!!

ProMedeler#33393

Reply to
KITMAN

So now we see the inspiration for the infamous Nats entry!!

Reply to
Wildcat

Old by age or by removal from the relationship? Maybe that wasn't her ass.

MENTAL NOTE: Don't press by Dennis if he's sitting in a crowded row of seats. Especially in church. If they're packed, you will be too.

Wait a minute... old girlfriend... smelled like her ass... came like a moose

Dennis, have you given any thought why your dog ran away and took the rest of the critters with him?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Damnit, you owe me a roll of paper towels now.............

Reply to
Ron

it wasn't becuas dumass ate their poo?

Al,

Sorry! Look mke up in Atlanta at the 2005 Nats and I'll buy you a cup.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

There are a couple pics in a contemporary National Geographic.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Shawn Wilson" wrote

Here's the actual quote: "Despite the tremendous victories of the Russians, and despite control of the sea and air by the western Allies, all American ground forces were committed when Germany surrendered in May 1945. At that time over 96 percent of tactical troops of the Army Ground Forces were overseas, and the last divisions had been dispatched three months before. No more combat units were forming at home. No reserve, other than replacements, remained in the United States. Nor was there any significant strategic reserve of uncommitted forces in the theaters. This may be interpreted either as remarkably accurate planning of the minimum forces required or as a fairly narrow escape from disagreeable eventualities -- winning by the skin of the teeth." So, regardless of the organizational details, the AGF - the fighting troops - thought it was a very near thing.

If you look in detail you can see this was not just an issue of insufficient units but a lack of individual replacements too. Throughout the war there were frequent reorganizations and dragooning to reduce support troops and make more combat troops. Some examples: In 1944 anti-aircraft, tank destroyer, and coast artillery units were practically denuded to get more infantry, armor, and field artillery. Limits were placed on enlistment to AAF and ASF in favor of AGF. The ASTP (sort of an enlisted ROTC for ASF ) was practically dissolved freeing 73,000 for assignment to combat units. Some 24,000 aviation cadets found themselves suddenly ground-pounders. At the end of 1944 the War Department transferred 25,000 from ASF and 75,000 from AAF into AGF. All authorized overstrengths were eliminated to free up more men. All T/OEs except infantry rifle companies and cavalry rifle troops lost 50% of their basic privates to make more riflemen. In 1944 the Zone of the Interior was dredged for enlisted men acceptable for overseas service, freeing up 325,000 In late 1944 ETO losses were running at 90,000 per month with only 53,000 replacements per month available, and these included those unfit for combat units. On 7 December 1944 it was thought that the limit had been reached and unit inactivations would be required. The Battle of the Bulge "produced a downright emergency" with regard to replacements. The last nine divisions in the ZI were immediately sent overseas. From then on the War Department ignored theater requests for replacements and would only supply what was available leaving the remainder to be found within the deployed units. Men below physical standards and men with only 15 weeks total training (only six of which were infantry training) were sent into combat. (Nine months of training was considered to be the minimum acceptable.) The Pacific theater allocations were cut in favor of the ETO.

Besides, the prewar strength numbers were very large: 334 divisions required for offensive action pre-Pearl Harbor. The number had to keep going down throughout the war because neither men nor materiel could be found. (Only 89 were created in the end.) It doesn't appear that it was stopped artificially but continuously adjusted downward based on practical realities. I do know that tank production was curtailed at the end of 1943 because the strength requirements were met. Reading the histories though it's hard to tell if the requirements really were met or whether it was decided to consider supplies as adequate so that production could be reduced. In either case this capacity was re-directed, not idled. I'm sure the same thing was happening in other sectors.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Yep, which is why I bring up that poor old bullfrog so often.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You're on!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

You talking about the bullfrog Von Braun strapped jet turbines to? ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

FWIW This pretty well agrees with stories told by a couple of family members about their experiences during the last couple of months in Europe. One was more than due for return home but instead found himself "freezing his ass off" with an infantry unit on the way into Germany in February of 45'. The other, a mechanic, was pulled out of an air force depot in England and ended up driving a tank somewhere in Germany also.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Admit it - your monitor needed cleaning. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

However the variant was to be a nightfighter, with Schraege Musik cannon behind the cockpit, and the small disk was completely blocked by the fuselage for downward viewing. I think the disk radar was supposed to help the pilot get into position under the target for a Schraege Musik attack.

Reply to
Alan Dicey

Nope, it's usually very clean, I do a lot of photo research.

Reply to
Ron

Nah, he's deceased. But whatta way to go... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski