Source for VERY small eyebolts

In the parts drawer where I keep things like miniature nails and eyebolts, I found some that I need to get more of. I've repackaged them so I have absolutely no information about the original source, but here's the vital statistics:

OD: ~.040" ID: ~.027" Length: .175"

They're loose, not on a sprue and bright and shiny and aren't affected by Birchwood-Casey's Aluminum Black or Soft-Solder Black so I assume they're probably steel.

TIA Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:44:16 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Norm Dresner" instead replied:

Norm,

Without a photo and reference it's hard to be sure but they may be the little eyelet screws that are used for fishing lures. Available at any fine tackle shop.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Maybe Details Associate formed wire eyebolts? Not exactly sure of the dimensions - the Walthers Catalog page was not much help:

Sir Ray

Not sure without a picture either but the wood model ship guys use these also. You can try:

modelexpo-online.com and search on the word "eyebolt" There are several different configurations available there. (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Try Model Expo or other model ship suppliers. My other hobby is building scale model plank on bulkhead wooden sailing ships and there are a lot of scratch builders suppliers out there on the web if not a store near you. Small parts are what we use.

Richard Foster

Reply to
Richard Foster

I have bought the smallest ME sells, and they are still larger than the original poster mentioned.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

While I can't be sure either, they look exactly like the ones I have so I'll check them out. Also, it's a brand that my favorite hobby shop carries so that's quite plausible. Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner

"Norm Dresner" wrote

I have pack of something similar that appear to measure OD 1.4mm, ID 0.6mm and about 4.3mm long which converts roughly to 0.055",

0.024" and 0.172" (if I'm calculating correctly), so are quite close to what you mention. Made by Detail Associates, Part No : SY 2206 and called "Eye Bolt, Wire Formed". One thing, I'm not sure of how accurate my measurements are, these things *are* tiny.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

If that's the right part, they show in stock here:

Count DeMoney

"Count DeMoney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | | | > I have pack of something similar that appear to measure OD 1.4mm, | > ID 0.6mm and about 4.3mm long which converts roughly to 0.055", | > 0.024" and 0.172" (if I'm calculating correctly), so are quite close to | > what you mention. Made by Detail Associates, Part No : SY 2206 | > and called "Eye Bolt, Wire Formed". One thing, I'm not sure of how | > accurate my measurements are, these things *are* tiny. | | | If that's the right part, they show in stock here: | |

That is indeed the right part. I found some more at the hobby shop today. They also make a longer shank version (5/16") which is part number 2222. Norm

Reply to
Norm Dresner