Stryker.......AFV Club or Tamiya

Any opinions on which kit to choose and is there any birdcage or other after market stuff available for either. Thanks (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

If you're referring to 1/35th scale, I think you meant Trumpeter, not Tamiya. The 1/35th scale kits have just hit the stores, and there's usually a delay of a couple of months while the aftermarket guys develop the update sets. No doubt, Eduard, Voyager and Lion Roar will have sets on the market by the end of the summer. The Perth Military Modelling site is the best source for new kit release information. Armorama is also pretty good with new product info. Reviews have apparently been kinder to the AFV Club version, though I am still waiting to see a side by side comparison.

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Thanks.........I did mean Trumpeter not Tamiya. I didn't realize the kits were that new. It's probably best that I put the Trumpeter "back on the shelf" and kept my cash in my wallet. I'll wait for some reviews and see what pops up with the aftermarket stuff.......

Reply to
Count DeMoney

As far as I know, Tamiya does not make a Stryker. Only AFV Club and Trumpeter so far in 1/35 scale, with DML announcing one, but it has not been released yet. Of the two existing kits, the AFV Club seems to be the more detailed and more accurate option, but both kits suffer from having some prototype features that have been changed on operational Strykers.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams