Stuka Question

I am building a Stuka kit and it depicts an 8 degree wing dihedral. How can I accurately measure this to ensure that I set the correct angle prior to cementing?

Thanks in advance.

Dingo

Well, the method I used entailed drafting skills. I used my drafting equipment to make a cardboard template. At the simplest, I took the leftover backer from an 8 1/2" X 11" pad, it was stiff enough to hold shape, and taped it to my drafting board. I put a mark on one edge and the laid off the angle from one side of the mark. I then cut it out and trimmed so it would fit along the upper surface of the wing and used it as a guide. Ended up sort of like this. _________________ @ is the dihedral angle wanted. | / | / | / | / @ |___________/ _ _ _ _ This shows a rather extreme angle but you get the point.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

If you have a really big protractor, just line up the fuselage or inner wing with the base line and then eye-ball the dihedral to the right degree. You may be off a degree or two,but not enough to visually matter. Once you have one wing the way you want it, just adjust the other one to match.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I was having the same problem with a Ju 88 once and solved it by using small pieces of flash as sort of a shim between the wing root and fuselage( there was a lot of gap) to where I guestimated the correct dihedral.Then I spot welded it in place with super glue. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown