Tail Number Question on WW2 US Fighters

I'm trying to resolve an information conflict on two American fighters captured by the Germans in WW2.

I have one source which says that tail number 42-68274 belonged to an F-5B-1-LO Photo Lightning which the Germans flew as T9+MK. It was reportedly recaptured by US troops at Schwangau, Germany in May of

1945.

I have another source which says that this same tail number belonged to a P-47 that was also captured and flown by the Germans from the Rechlin test center marked as 7 + 9. It was reported at Rechlin from November-December 1943.

Can anyone help to resolve this disagreement? Thanks.

Ed

Reply to
robbelothe

Steve Jahn