(Tool) Badger Crescendo Question...

The other night, I'm shooting my Trumpeter M1A2. I preshaded the model with Floquil Grimey Black and followed up with an over-thinned (approx.

3/5 thinner-to-paint ratio) Model Master enamel US Army Desert Sand. As I am getting closer to the preshaded areas, I was trying to finely control the paint so I could blend the differing colors. I'd get the paint flow to where I wanted it and then it would stop. I'd pull back a little on the trigger and it would flow again, albeit at a greater rate, and then stop again. This would go on until I pulled back completely on the trigger to clear the blockage but I would go through the exercise again and again - it would stop each time. Any thoughts? FYI, I'm using CO2, about 8 to 15 PSI, MM thinner and paint. I used lacquer thinner for the Floquil and that worked fine.

I've used this brush for a couple years now and this is the first hiccup I've had with it. Thanks for any guidance or pointers.

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Bottom feed ? This sounds like something restricting airflow into the paint jar.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

Hmmm... That could be it - the color cup... I recall getting very fine lines and rather easily, IIRC, with it. More experimentation is in order...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Reply to