Re: Advice on Badger Crescendo

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (yoeleven) wrote in news:41de381d.0310131731.7ac71034 @posting.google.com:

I bought a Badger Crescendo Sunday with Michael's 50% off coupon. This > is my first "real" airbrush. Any advice specific to this airbrush > would be appreciated. >

Yoeleven,

Good choice as a first airbrush. Very durable and easy to use and maintain. I never replaced a part so far (5 years). Here are some of the things I do:

Generally, I thin paints 40/60 (paint/thinner) for enamel and acrylics. I tend to think that light colors need less thinning than darker colors.

When cleaning, after you run a load or two of thinner through the brush, remove the front cap and nozzle carefully, then unscrew the needle retainer and take out the needle through the FRONT instead of the back. This prevents that you pull paint residu deeper in to the brush. Clean and assemble in reverse order.

HTH

Cheers,

-Leon-

Reply to