Badger 175 Crescendo question.

Hello, I recently bought a Badger 175 Crescendo on ebay and upon my receiving it, i have my doubts that maybe something is not right with it. The thing is that it lacks the two rubber rings (o-rings). It is brand new and it is my second badger 175 airbrush. The airbrush looks a bit different than the original in that it doesn't have rings. And it feels

different as if a bit inferior in quality than my first 175. My concern is that if it is a fake airbrush. Please shed some light on this matter. Thank you

spincarez

Reply to
zaraf76

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1161279329.543694.72520 @m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Did it come in the Badger packaging? I have found Badger to be most helpful in fixing problems or just making suggestions. The white O rings can be purchased separately, I suspect they are easily lost when cleaning, ask me how I know.

Badger also makes weighted replacement end pieces the part that attaches to the back of the airbrush body and covers the needle assembly and allows access to the trigger. It makes a difference in how they feel in your hand, maybe your original has it and the new doesn't.

I have a 100, a 150 and 2 200s. Other than the fact that I like to take them apart for cleaning they are all fine bits of equipment.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Hello Frank, Actually what i meant was not the teflon ring inside the airbrush but the two bacl rubber rings in the front right before the trigger. My old badger 175 has the 2 black rubber rings and have the cavity where the rubbers fit. But the new one is just plain. Let me direct you on a link

You see it is a similar airbrush. You can clearly see the rubber ring on the airbrush pictured on the box while they are absent on the airbrush. Thank you for your response. Faraz

Gray Ghost wrote:

Reply to
zaraf76

I have a Badger Crescendo 175 that I bought new about 3 years ago. It doesn't have the rubber rings.

Reply to
John McGrail

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Alright then. I went to

I looked at the online catelog -
p1-12.pdf

on page 3 it shows the 175 and it looks just like your picture.

If you go to the price list

and go to page 8 there is an illustration that looks like the picture on the box. The black O-rings part 41-027 are described as 'Body ?O? Rings (2 per package)?Old Design'. I would guess means that what you have is the newer design.

In any case it looks like a good deal.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

(snip)

(snip)

I checked the Badger website for the weighted endpieces but couldn't find ones specified for the Crescendo - can you give part numbers?

I went here:

and here:
Near the bottom of the second page, a replacement handle is listed. Can this be the one? The only pet peeve of my Crescendo is the plastic tailpiece - I can see how a weighted handle would improve handling and feel in my hand.

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

"Francis X. Kranick, Jr." wrote in news:ppSdna5ehMNexKXYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Sorry handle is the correct term. We're packing for a long distance move and my brain is turning to mush.

I bought the weighted handle for my 100 and 150. I felt it made a tremendous difference. Especially with a jar full of paint on the front.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Glad to help.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Anybody out there have much experience with a Badger 100G?? I see it advertised in the Squadron flyer and the small cup on the top for gravity feed looks like a good idea.

Bill Shuey

Gray Ghost wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

Badger is having a "garage sale" on selected items. They have a Thayer and Chandler double action gravity feed for $35. I've been so happy with my Badgers 100, 150 and 2 x 200, a gravity feed was what I needed to complete my tool box. I setup each one for a specific task so as to not fuss about changing needles and tips.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

where is this sale?

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:vzr_g.216284$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.news.easynews.com:

Bottom of the home page.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

thanks

snipped-for-privacy@yahooo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in news:Xns986375F4CA7F8Wereofftoseethewizrd@216.196.97.136:

I have a 100 G, and I love it!!!!

Indeed a set of two 100's with different needles would be an ideal set up!

I have the one with the medium cup on top, which could be a bit too small if you paint larger kits. But it only takes some more filling up.

Major pro's: I love the easy clean-up and the ease with which you can use tiny amounts of paint.

I also have a Badger 150 and a Revell Profi, both are double action and both are bottom feeders, but they both are a hassle to use and clean up.

Any more questions? just shoot!

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to