Re: Badger 150 Airbrush

I've been thinking about getting one of those. I compared its parts chart to the Badger Crescendo 175. It looks like the nozzle of the 150 is extremely tiny compared to the nozzle of the 175. That's one of the parts you have to change for switching the tips out. So, I hope someone who has seen the nozzles of these two in real life can clarify. According to the parts charts, and considering having to keep up with 3 different tip sets, I'd rather have the bigger one.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

IF I'm not mistaken I think that the 150 and the 200 use the same nozzles as well as the same paint jar "adaptors."

Digital_Cowboy

- -- Live Long and Prosper . + . + . . .. .. . ______________________. . . . __ . \_______NCC_1701______|) .______.---'--'---.________ || || /-------.__________.-------/ /============/___/ '--' . \==\_____________|(- + . . + . . . . . + + .. . + . . + . . . . . . . + . .

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

...and the 155 Anthem tip is the same as the medium tip in the 175 Crescendo, but I don't know yet if the other two Crescendo tips work in an Anthem.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

I have a Badger cresendo 175 dual action airbrush it came with 3 different tips fine medium and large openings 3 paint bottles and a cup. Works great i usually build large scale WWII aircraft and can paint the whole fusalage with 1 Tamiya paint bottle two coats. thinned a little.

Reply to
George

I've used the 200 and now use the 150. Fine brush, works well, easy to clean. The previous caveat about acrylic colors is worth noting.

Parts breakdown works like this: The 100 series, 150, and 200 all share lots of parts.

The Crescendo is of a different design and the Anthem/360 Universal are also different. The Crescendo supposedly is capable of a 1/64 line, Anthem a "pencil fine" line, the 100/150 a 1/64 line. All info from the Dixie Art catalog. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yes those figures are possible but with artists inks, model paints are generally too heavy for that. the Badger 200 with a MEDIUM head will spray as fine as a biro pen and I use that all the time to sign my name

Reply to
Gary Taylor

Right, I'd need an Iwata Micron to get a hairline with paint. Not familiar with the biro pen; is that a brand name? Refillable? tia

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Biro is the name of the guy who invented the ball point pen.

Reply to
Gary Taylor

Thanks, I know I can win a round of trivia with that! Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Actually his name was Bic .

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

i thought that was a female swan?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

No. Bic is a trademark and phonetic shortcut for Bich which is the name of the froggie who invented (or patented, not sure if he was the actual inventor) the non-reusable, throw-away plastic ballpens, lighters and razors.

The Biro brothers, Laszlo and Gyorgi, IIRC, patented the ballpen in

1938. Actually, a similar patent was issued in 1888 to a Brit whose name I cannot recall, but since this one did not have the chance to see his patend licenced by the RAF for its pilots, it was quickly forgotten.

The Biro brothers F'ed up big time, since they patented their invention just about everywhere, _except_ in the US, thus allowing Reynolds to steal the idea and make a comfortable living ouf of it.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun