Transformers Movie - Army Dune Buggy?

Anyone see it yet? Was that vehicle just made up or does the Army have a dune buggy? Kit?

Reminded me of the Rat Patrol tv show.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I haven't seen the movie, but in the 1980s, the Army tested out the FAV, which was basically an armed dune buggy. I doubt they were ever used in combat, but Tamiya kitted it in 1/35th.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

they play out at ft irwin and ya see them on flatbeds often. rat patrol used jeeps. the armies are more like modern, lots of equipment and some have a 30cal ring mount. usually 2 big whip antennas and a gps receiver. they aren't superhot, but they're ok. the brits borrowed some in bush 1. don't know about bush 2. rufus?

Reply to
someone

How about what the Seals use?

Ben Valdevarona

The SEALS have one, the Desert Patrol Vehicle:

normally carries a .50 caliber machine gun or a automatic grenade launcher as well as two light machine guns. Of course if you go to the Navy's Seal recruiting page:
then carries "an M-60, .50 caliber machine gun, 20-mm gatling gun and two AT-4 rockets each". One has to applaud the concept of sticking a 20 mm rotary cannon on a dune buggy, although you'd think the recoil would be a bit much. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Vehicle:

It normally carries a .50 caliber machine gun or a automatic grenade

page:

It then carries "an M-60, .50 caliber machine gun, 20-mm gatling gun and

yeah, looks pretty close. I think they did call themselves SEALS in the movie, but there was so much visual stuff to take in, it is easy to miss dialogue.

Tanks, choppers, AC-130 Spooky, F-16's and just about everything else was in this movie....great fun.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Reminds me of the Nod Attack Buggy from C&C

Reply to
Wayne.

wondered what those things were.that was a '77Camaro,right?.

Reply to
teem

It was something like this. The troops were some sort of special unit and they got the buggies out of the garage at the damn. I know that special ops units have light transport of various types, so this is not far fetched at all.

It was a good movie...

Lance

Reply to
Bluepen

I haven't yet seen the movie but my Marine buddy's brother is the voice of Optimus Prime. He was also the voice of Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh and was part of the A&A (Atmosphere and A**holes) as Sonny used to call them, on the Sonny and Cher show, and several others. He was in town last week and we had a great time. One of the funniest guys I've ever met!

Reply to
Bill Woodier