Uh Oh With My Compressor

I plugged that bugger in last night to SEE how it will run.HOLYpnuematics!,sounded like a cement mixer!,Wonder if I canput it on top of a wood box to kill the vibration,I'm geaqring up to paint soon.Neighbor downstairs.

Reply to
teem

How big is it? A wooden box to put it on will muffle it just like it works with a piano, violin, or cello... it'll resonate very nicely.

The reason I ask about its size is that you may have better success suspending it by bungee cords from something. It it's small enough, ike a Paasche D500, you might suspend it by bungee cords under a chair!That will not allow the vibration to be transmitted anyhow.

But if you have shared walls, you may consider getting rid of the compressor and investing in a CO2 system instead. Good luck!

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

Or try setting on top of a pillow or a block of foam a few inches thick. Take care to keep the louvers on the side clear if it's a D500 or similar.

If it's one of the pancake tank types, like a Campbell Hausfeld, good luck! They're just clankers!

BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

Reply to
teem

With that, turn it on, let it run till full tank, turn it off, then spray. Unless you are painting an exterior, you will be fine.

No, you just get used to it.........

AM

Reply to
AM

Reply to
teem

I too have one of the campbell-hausfeld Wal-Mart compressors. First one died after 18 months service used daily. Wally cheerfully replaced it with a new compressor. Same basic model, but with different electronic control module. I put it in the hobby shop in January and it still runs like a watch. I purge the tank once a week in addition to having a water trap inline. Never had a compressor related problem. HTH, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Apple

Reply to
teem