What is this for?

I am currently painting Tamiya's WWII German soldiers. The part is the

3-magazine holder harness for the MP38-MP-42. There is a small tab on the side of this magazine holder. What is it and what is it for? I have been snipping them off until realized that it is probably meant to be there.
Reply to
PaPa Peng

It's for storing cleaning materials, oil, or tools for the MP.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Bivens