Woodier will love it!

Bucketloads. Y'all wanna buy some?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

No, it was your uncultured USian ear. :P

Ahh, but have you ever been badly treated by a camel? :)

No, we like to be in front - your guys can't accidentally shoot us that way. (ooooohhhhhh, that'll upset 'em)

Anyway, I

They've got the same sort of problem we have - too much country, not enough tax dollars. But at least they've got the guts to admit it, and not go kissing Unkie Sam's arse for handouts, unlike our spineless bunch of yobs.

By the way, thanks for the Seasprites. :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I had one spit at me once. Of course, I've had women do worse..... ;-p

As you wish so long as you're with us......

'Handouts'? What handouts?

You guys paid something on the order of a billion dollars for them, didn't you?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

This is getting long, Al, so I'll summarize!

Camels spit at everyone. Read some Terry Pratchett to find out why. :) I recommend 'Pyramids'. Women however, as you have found, can and will do a whole lot worse!

Aussies in front - just a little (probably uncalled-for) reference to the high incidence of 'friendly fire' incidents you seem to have suffered lately. Sorry.

Handouts - more like promises that will probably never be kept, in return for letting the US use us any way they wish. Li'l Johnny Howard (our ever-lovin' PM) has no balls and is selling us down the drain faster than that snob named Paul Keating, who once called Australia 'The arse-end of the Earth'. And he was our PM!

SeaSprites - can't remember the $, but it was a lot for some 30ish year old helos. Even if they were a good design. And I think that they've found the 'Sprites won't fit on our frigates, or some similar problem. Good buy, that one! "But they were on special, honey. Look, I got all these for mumblemumble.." :)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Well, I tried using humor to deflect that uncalled for remark but since you insist on persisting with it....

Fratricide is an unfortunate fact of warfare. When the vast majority of friendly forces on the battlefield are Americans the law of averages says that friendly fire incidents will most likely be committed by American forces, just as most casualties resulting from enemy fire will be Americans.

I see. I didn't realize that Australia wasn't receiving any benefits from being allied with the US. Perhaps Oz would be better off being 'allied' with *spit* France *spit* instead.

Perhaps this article will refresh your memory. Easy enough to find with a quick Google search:

'The ADF spokeswoman said the Seasprites given away by the US could not be compared to the rebuilt and sophisticated helicopters sold to Australia, which carried new weapons and electronic systems.

She said the US had not offered other countries the weapons system bought by Australia.

"Defence is aware that Poland is receiving four Seasprite aircraft in a basic configuration as part of a military program with the United States," she said.

"The Polish aircraft are not comparable with the sophisticated modern weapons systems being acquired by Australia, and any comparison that suggests similarities in the war-fighting capability would clearly be misleading." '

similar problem.

Actually, it's Seahawks that won't fit on your ANZAC frigates, else that's what would have been purchased.

Your defense ministry seems to think so.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski