Yellow Graf?

I remember seeing somewhere a scheme of all-yellow FW-190A of German ace Hermann Graff.. can someone enlighten me..?

Reply to
epozar

Yellow cowling but not overall yellow, SFAIK.

This is the only on-line photo of the actual yellow cowled Fw 190 I could find:

Note that if you're modeling this bird, you need to modify the supercharger intakes on the cowling. Eagle makes the modification parts if you're doing 1/32 but, SFAIK, you're on your own to scratch build 'em in other scales.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

"Aircraft Profile #3" shows an illustration of an all-yellow FW 190A-6 flown by a Maj. Von Graf.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

The "Urban Legend" about Herman Graf flying an all yellow 190 has been pretty well de-bunked. It began with an account in a wartime memoir by a French pilot in the R.A.F. and was based on some sightings in the midst of a dogfight. An all yellow cowling at high speed would leave an much exaggerated impression. The yellow 190 in the profile publication was mostly the product of the artists imagination. Too Bad! An all yellow 190 would really be spectacular.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
whshuey

The "Urban Legend" about Herman Graf flying an all yellow 190 has been pretty well de-bunked. It began with an account in a wartime memoir by a French pilot in the R.A.F. and was based on some sightings in the midst of a dogfight. An all yellow cowling at high speed would leave an much exaggerated impression. The yellow 190 in the profile publication was mostly the product of the artists imagination. Too Bad! An all yellow 190 would really be spectacular.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
whshuey

Ttis is an ancient "Profile" series?

Reply to
Emil Pozar

If you find it spectacular then build it, if it's you kit you can do what you want

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Also here..

Emil Pozar

I seem to remember the old Monogram 1/48 kit had these intakes as an option. I have a couple in storage but haven't looked at them in years. If my memory is correct, and the kit is still available, you could use them. However, in the worst case, they were merely round tubes, curved and flared into the panel at the back and shouldn't be hard to make with the original panel and some plastic tubing.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Well, that's a strike against it right there - as Graf was never a "von".

Iffen they can't take the time to get the name right, one wonders about the accuracy of the illustration.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Bill,

Next you'll be telling me that the all-yellow Kate that Profile shows as being at Pearl Harbor is a myth along with the all-NMF Kate Profile shows as Fuchida's aircraft at PH. Hah!!!

And I suppose you're going to tell me that the "STAR" report of Navy pilots making "ace" by flying a captured UFO in the First Gulf War is hokey. Boy, are you full of it or what!?!?

Wow! I think I'll calm down a bit by discussing with my dog, Chuck, the mistakes Patton's Third Army made at Waterloo in 1815.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray