Your opinion needed about Iwata Eclipse HP-SBS Air Brush

Hello, It's time for me to get a new airbrush. What is your opinion ( and hopefully your 1st hand experience ) regarding Iwata Eclipse HP-SBS Air Brush ? What is it's best price available on-line ?

Thanks, Zac

Reply to
Zeljko Hanich

I just upgraded to an Eclipse HP-CS a couple of weeks ago. I got mine from Bear Air. In the USA Bear Air and Dixie-art have excellent prices. In my case, Dixie was $5 cheaper, but Bear Air has free tech support and a 45 day return policy.

Reply to
RC Boater

I have both the HP-SBS and the HP-CS and find the -CS to be -- by far -- the more useful of the two. In fact, the -SBS is really stil in my paint box as a spare parts donor. If I want to use the extra capacity that can be had by hanging a larger bottle off the -SBS, I am finding that I also need more paint flow than those fine brushes can deliver and pick up the Paasche instead.

But the -CS does 98% of my airbrushing. Both are like little pieces of fine jewelry.

The -CS is REALLY EASY to clean. I've owned at least half a dozen airbrushes ranging from Paasche, Badger, Aztec, Thayer and Chandler, Neo Homi, and others. The Iwata is the easiest to clean both on a daily use basis and on an annual deep-cleaning basis. I can swap between water-based acrylics, enamels, and lacquers with less than one minute the simplest cleaning.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

--s(077

Reply to
Scott Truesdell