A repeat performance

Hi Guys, Been reading this NG with interest. I can relate it to the MicroStation Newsgroup about 3 years ago where we ranted to get an upgrade from V7 to V8. Thankfully, I hardly use it now. But the outcome was for Bentley to create their own Newsgroups on company servers and CENSOR all messages. You complain too bitterly and your message doesn't appear. I feel this NG is heading the same way and must admire SW for continuing with the odd support messages into the group. My suggestion would be that these large companies only know money, number of seats sold and the subs. boycott mentioned a few years ago was one of the best suggestions to get them to listen. Only then did they organize the "Three Amigos" conference. This group is being monitored by other CAD vendors and the present tone certainly doesn't show SW in a good light. Conclusion: Either re-organize the subs. withdrawal threat again which is a very difficult solution as some bugs are PC related or persuade SW to reveal their list of SPR's to all subscribers which will be addressed in the next SP and this time they must address all issues and be rectified BEFORE the next release.

Regards, Totally innocent bystander

Reply to
WallyBerty

It's good to know at least somebody is listening to us. Hopefully they will incorporate our ideas soon, so that when we eventually do leave SolidWorks, it will be a smooth transition.

Mike J. Wilson

Maybe it's a very good argument in favour of SolidWorks : "we don't censor user feedback"

In a meeting, a former marketing manager told us :

- "we send a survey to all our customers. 95% of the answers said they were very happy with our product" The CAO asked him "How many answered?"

- "about 70%!"

- "Great!" said the CEO, "now I want to know what the remaining 30% think about our product. I'd pay $100'000 to know that!"

Tom McEleney gets this information for free on comp.cad.solidworks ...

They certainly can count : about 30/300'000 SW users aren't happy...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Solidworks isn't the only software I use. I use different software for stuff other than mechanical design and it's the same fricken story whenever a new release comes out. I would suggest, to get used to it, before you all burst a blood vessel :-) Ya know, with good beta programs and user feedback. SW can mature into a really decent progie, than it already is. Back to lurk mode..........

WallyBerty wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

You have heard the saying that it only takes one bad apple to destroy a whole harvest. The 30 are public, the other 300,000 are silent!

Reply to
WallyBerty

Hi Frank,

I agree. Seasoned users prefer bug fixes and subtle changes. New users and marketing want glitz, new features, and "ease of use". This dichotomy isn't going away but I feel the difference is what we pay. When I pay $30 for a piece of software I don't mind when the marketing genie jumps out of the bottle. But pay $6000 for a piece of software and I become all territorial with it and my expectations of what it does for me go up sharply. If I paid $20,000 for a piece of software I would expect them to ask me permission to change it.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks