Anyone switch from Smarteam to another PDM?

We switched from Smarteam to another PDM a few months back. Importing all data from Smarteam would be a complex process, so we chose to only import our latest files to the new system. We originallly planned on exporting various Smarteam data to an Excel sheet, in case we need to go back and find a certain file. The data we want to export is Where Used, Composed Of, etc. We didnt relize the level of complexity in doing this until recently.

Anyone here move from Smarteam to another PDM? Did you transfer all of your data? If not, how do you access your old data?

If anyone has any tips/suggestions, please post them. Thanks.

Reply to
SW Monkey

We switched from Smarteam to another PDM a few months back. Importing all data from Smarteam would be a complex process, so we chose to only import our latest files to the new system. We originallly planned on exporting various Smarteam data to an Excel sheet, in case we need to go back and find a certain file. The data we want to export is Where Used, Composed Of, etc. We didnt relize the level of complexity in doing this until recently.

Anyone here move from Smarteam to another PDM? Did you transfer all of your data? If not, how do you access your old data?

If anyone has any tips/suggestions, please post them. Thanks.

Reply to
SW Monkey

DBWorks has its own tool for this....

Reply to
james

Its own tool to migrate the data to DBWorks, or to display Smarteams data from its database?

Reply to
SW Monkey

to migrate data

Reply to
james

dbWorks is very good at pulling in data from other sources. During training they teach you how.

SW M> > DBWorks has its own tool for this....

Reply to
TOP