Assembly with no fixed parts?

I am building an assembly of a cart, where every single part should move (no fixed parts). Is there a way to do this in an assembly, or should I just be using COSMOSmotion to make sure everything is moving correctly?

-Jillian

Reply to
jillianlives

Select the part that is fixed, RMB, select float. Can't imagine why you would want to do this. Why do you need your assembly to float around in space?

Reply to
Dom

As dom pointed out, this seems like a strange thing to want to do. I suspect what you are wanting to do is different to what you're actually asking. Unless your cart is for deep space, then it will have to have some constraints on how it can be positioned, and how it moves surely (ie wheels coincident with a floor or something?). I suspect you'll have issues trying to move any of your parts if the whole assembly is floating, i suspect whenever you try to move a single part, SolidWorks will just move the whole assembly around in space, rather than moving parts relative to one another. Perhaps if you can expand on exactly what you are trying to do?

Reply to
AdamB

Well you could have physical dynamics turned on and then have a stationary ground in the form of an envelope part. If the assembly has any complexity at all it would need a pretty powerful box to run on.

TOP

Reply to
TOP