Autodesk getting desperate....

Is this just desperate marketing.....corny pep-rallying......or just lack of common sense? Some of it's kind of funny.....but I'd say that Autodesk seems to be scared of Solidworks to target them in such a manner.

First the SwxWorld stunt in Vegas..now this....what's next.....

Jason

What's Autodesk?

Jas> Is this just desperate marketing.....corny pep-rallying......or just

Reply to
fcsuper

Who would be stupid enough to show their face after being involved in such an absurd video? I suppose they are all Autodesk executives.....

Jas> Is this just desperate marketing.....corny pep-rallying......or just

Reply to
DiscDawg

Reply to
Rocco

I hope the video isn't really the executives of Autodesk, as it appears. If so, sell your stock now...or wait to trade it for Bozo Bucks later. Does anyone have more info on this?

Reply to
Paul

I didn't go to SolidWorks world. Can somebody explain this video to me? It didn't make any sense at all. Why are they wearing Jason masks? Why do they keep approaching women? What are they doing running around? Aside from the loser song playing in the background, I don't get the point of the video.

Jas> Is this just desperate marketing.....corny pep-rallying......or just

Reply to
Mr. Who

My guess is that this video was not made by Autodesk. It is extremely unprofessional, silly, and really doesn't have a clear purpose. It was probably made by some CAD users - possibly as a gag. I wouldn't place any emphasis on this video.

Just my two cents...

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Wrong. The last woman in the video is Carol Bartz herself.

KMaren

John Eric Volt> My guess is that this video was not made by Autodesk. It is extremely

Reply to
ken.maren

And the guy giving the finger before her....is none other than Carl Bass....Autodesks CEO.

There's more info here:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jason

As a long time Inventor user I can say that I, and a good number of other Autodesk customers, are pretty embarrassed by this video too.

Reply to
Sean Dotson

What happens in Vegas,.. obviously didn't.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Funny. It should have too. That had to be the dumbest video I have seen in a long time.

KM

Reply to
ken.maren

Looked to me like a Jenny Craig audition tape. Are you sure it wasn't?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I agree and would also add it's a very accurate representation of the company which produced it.

Reply to
Rock Guy

I would guess this video was made as a gag for an Autodesk corporate sale meeting. I doubt that it was meant to be shown anywhere but at one of their functions.

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Spot the employees who just jumped out the corporate window... I can't believe people with executive responsibility would do that - it's just so bloody lame and crass. What a bunch of juvenile jerks. After seeing that revelation who the hell would want to be an Autodesk owner let alone join them. Did anyone say resignations...

Reply to
neil

That's amazing. To be honest, I wouldn't recognize any of the Autodesk employees, but I'm shocked they would participate in such a video. Creating this goes way beyond desperation. If this was really produced by Autodesk's upper management, it would indicate they are probably incompetent.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

Are you guys kidding? I thought it was a great video, cool song too. Autodesk is must be looking for a new niche market making videos instead software. I'll bet they're going to need the extra income and where can I get one of those cool masks? I'll bet is was designed using SW. I'll wear one to the convention and do the SW strut.

-
Reply to
Max

Reply to
Mr. Who

wow- where can I get one of those masks. I have the sudden urge to terrorize the hapless execs/nerds who made that video....retards

Reply to
parel