Bended spring

Hi, everybody

Can anyone help me how to make a bended extension/compression spring in SW

2006?

I do not know if I am clear, but I would like to make a spring that goes around a circle (circle here serves as a path let us say), being deformed like naturally would be?

Is there a simple way?

Thanks, Oz.

Reply to
yozotrinity

Hi Oz

On my website there is a tutorial called "Curved Helix" this maybe what you are trying to achieve.

John Layne

John Layne

There are several varieties of springs on 3DCC - see if one of those is what you are looking for.

WT

"John Layne"

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Numerous examples appear in the SolidWorks website available in the Content Central downloads from users submissions.

All told I think I downloaded maybe half a dozen different springs, one of which was a toroid spring.

Bo

yozotr> Hi, everybody

Reply to
Bo

A trick I've done is to only model half the spring plus the extension length (if it's an extension spring). Then I create an assembly of 2 parts of which contain the two spring ends, but flipped around. I mate everything but the direction the spring moves. Next I insert that spring assembly into my main assembly as a flexible sub-assembly, mate one end pretty rigid (maybe it rotates) and the other end to it's connecting thing. The spring over laps itself when the assembly is moved or has multiple positions (only the eagle eye notices). True, there is no spring stroke checking, though I suppose one could use a limit mate, hopefully your assembly has a physical stop rather relying on the spring's stroke to stop.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

Thanks, this is just what I wanted.

Sometimes I wonder how do you ''people''(I mean very experienced SW users) get to this tricks.

I mean, SW help is very helpful (more there any I have seen til now) but there are many undocumented tricks for which I could loose my hair til I get them.

Thanks again, Very helpful newsgroup.

Oz. "John Layne"

Reply to
yozotrinity

That's exactly why you need to come here! :-) (And also SolidWorks World and the SWUGN Summits.)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany