BOM Challenge

I do not currently use the BOM functionality of swx. Recent improvements are making me rethink BOM's on my drawings. A Limitation that I am finding is the ability to calculate a stock size.

For finished size I am able to define two sketches and move them to the end of the feature tree to get my finished size. This file is available upon request.

I would like to take the three dimensions that define x,y,z and add a preset amount to them. For instance "z+.02" or "z*1.02". Currently I cannot find a way to set a variable to do this calculation. For every part I must calculate stock size.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this (without excel formulas)

Bama

Reply to
Bama

Not knowing what shape we are talking about, I'll describe a cube. Create the part and also the stock sketch. Then create an equation in your part file that sets the corresponding sketch dimension to be equal to the value of the driving dimension +.02, or whatever. Example: "SK Width@Sketch2" = "Width@Sketch1"+.02. Create the other 2 equations and you are done. Notice that I renamed the dimensions to aid in keeping track of which one is which. If this isn't what you are looking for, ask again.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany