Run a Macro using HotKeys????

How do you set a Macro to run with HotKeys.
Thanks
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
How do you set a Macro to run with HotKeys?
Thanks
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
Select Help -> SolidWorks Help Topics, look for Macros, Hot Keys
-h-
Reply to
Heikki Leivo
I only have one problem, under "Keyboard>Categories" there are only file, edit, view, insert, tools, windows, help & others. No "macros" category.
So how do I get around that? I had to create icons for each of my macros to assign a hot key. Am I doing something wrong? It is the same on all our workstations.
SW2003 SP3.1 Windoze 2000 sp4
To assign a macro to a hot key:
1.. With a document open, click Tools, Customize, and click the Keyboard tab. (You must have a document open to access the Customize dialog box.)
2.. From the Categories list, select Macros.
3.. From the Commands list, select the name of the macro that you recorded. The macro is in the form, macro_name:module:method. If desired, you can select a particular method from the list. When you select a method, only the method you specified runs in the macro.
4.. In the Press new shortcut key box, type a key, and click Assign.
The key name appears in the Current keys box.
5.. Click OK.
Reply to
Matthew A. Bush
Thanks that did the trick. So much for having all our macros common on the server.
Matt B.
Reply to
Matthew A. Bush
A folder containing the macro has to be in the SW install directory. Then under keyboard, "macros" should show up.
Reply to
Erik