Broke external refs, then get an overdefined!

I created a part in an assembly. then I went into part file and broke references. I then put back dimensions to constrain and define the part again in its own file. When I put the dimension in, I get an overdefined warning. Why? I thought I broke external references to the assembly. Anybody can tell me why?? Thank you

Reply to
billyb

Chances are once the old "specs" were deleted, you then added more dimensions than were needed to fully define the part.

Time to start deleting dimensions, until you get the overdefined constraints out.

Bo

Reply to
Bo