broken refs and then fully defined I thought

I created a part "in context" in an assembly. Then I opened the part up in its own file. I broke the external references and thought that I
went into the sketches and fully defined them. But I am still getting the >x (indicating that the ref. is broken. Well if I went into sketch and fully defined the sketch in its own part, why dont I get the -> for defined in-context? I thought I did it right.
You may need to edit the sketch plane and pick a plane from the part file. If you created this part file incontext then you might have selected a plane or surface from the assembly. But moving this sketch to a different plane in the part file could also cause the part to move in the assembly.

DUMB QUESTION, BUT WHEN I AM IN EDIT SKETCH, HOW DO I CHANGE PLANES OF THE SKETCH?
You need to be out of the sketch, and then RMB on the sketch feature in the tree. Select Edit Sketch Plane and pick the new one.
WT

YES, I found it after I posted the question, but I do thank you for responding.
Broken refs are broken but still present in the sketch after breaking. Click the "Display/Delete Relations" button when the sketch is active to view relations. There is a drop-down box with filters for external, defined in-context, locked, and broken references.