C2 Continuity...... special conditions

Not sure if any of you remember, but I know that I saw a video or some tutorial where you could use the boundary surface, and if you had certain condition met, you could choose true C2 continunity. I have tried sketches and surfaces, but I can't remember what needed to happen prior to get the option to happen.

I may just be crazy but who knows.....

Reply to
cadjunkie

Although we've had C2 in the loft feature, what you're most likely thinking about is the new Boundary feature in SW2007? In 2007, there are I think, 3 new instances of C2 usage, in the new Boundary and FreeForm features and the also added to Fill.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

and, btw, here is the link to Mark Biasotti's video,..

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Could you be clearer on what your profiles are? C2 continuity relates to maintaining curvature continuity with adjoining faces at the beginning or end (or left or right) of the 'boundary' as related to surfaces around the perimeter of your new 'boundary' patch. Are your profiles edges of the surfaces? Are they 3d sketches converted from the edges of surfaces? Composite curves also ought to work (they do with loft, but I have not checked with boundary since early development) Or are your profiles 2D sketches (I'd be suprised if those worked - they don't offer C2 with loft up thru 2006, even when the sektch is converted from model edges)

Obviously I'm fishing a little because I can't use 2007 on production work until it is a littel more mature, but I do intend to experiment heavily on it over the next month. If you can give me a little push in the right direction by clarifying your profiles I would be happy to look into the restrictions and post back. Ed

Reply to
ed1701