CAD Standards

There was a post a while back that had a link to a website all about CAD standards, I just do not seem to be able to find it again.

Any help appreciated.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

This is not CAD specific more drafting specific, still a great site. My company uses the drafting manual they supply and support. It was originally developed by GE Engines Division.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Given the amount of time I have seen arguing over drafting standards in many companies the $150 per year sounds like it might be cost effective.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

snip>

Given the amount of time I have seen arguing over drafting standards in many companies the $150 per year sounds like it might be cost effective. end snip>

Its very cost effective. The paper manual is in a binder nearly 5 inches thick. The digital manual can be accessed by all over the network and you get 2 controlled updates per year. They also give permission for you to call it "XXXXX Comany Design Manual"

I cannot even estimate the cost of developing this manual. It is an indicator of the cost that GE has sent it out to a third party to maintain.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Just follow the ansi standards(Y.14), if you are servering for USA company now. Otherwise, I'm assuming what you need is the way to treat documents or document control about CAD files, call SW custom support enginer or sales engineer, they will give some advise or some compiled documnet. : )

"Steve Reinisch" ?ÈëÏû?ÐÂÎÅ:a4e2c$46eebd50$d1d94462$ snipped-for-privacy@PRIMUS.CA...

Reply to
lele

Thanks Phil, That's the one i was looking for. I don't know a google search did not turn it up.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Just for reference, the Drafting Zone manual is the same manual that others might know by the name of Genium Publishiers. It is very helpful and much much cheaper than purchasing the ANSI standards upon which it is based. My recommendation is the get the manual, and then also by the two or three ANSI standards most relavent to your operation.

Matt

fcsuper

ms