Cam mate

Here's the picture - not EXACTLY our situation, but close. BMX track (up, down, all around closed loop), put a bike on it and make the bike stay on the track with a cam mate on the front wheel, and a cam mate on the back wheel. Now try to drag it around - won't go. My research found the consensus of only one cam mate allowed. Any current thoughts?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Ok, here's an update. If you mate the center plane of the bike to the sweep path, then it will work. Seems quite illogical to tie it down even more to make it work, but that's what happened. My guess is that without that mate, it tries to calculate all the possibilities of going off some other direction, and then when that fails, doesn't remember how to get back on the track.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Are the wheel toroidal or cylindrical?

I've been experimenting with multiple cam mates and got a tricky setup working with multiple cam mates by experimentation mainly. I found that trying different part locations prior to applying the mate helped. I also noticed the the cam mate seems to always jump to the wrong side if it can, it's most unfriendly that way...

Zander

Reply to
Zander

The wheels are actually cam followers in our case and they are flat faced.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany