Camtasia

This may or may not be off topic, if it is I apologize. Does anyone here use Camtasia Studio software for making Solidworks tutorials? I have audio volume problems, in that no matter how high I set the volume in the software, the volume is too low in the recording. If I select auto adjust, it is much too low as well. I am using a cheap head-set. Might I be using a good quality microphone instead? Better software, maybe? Any clues from one of the Gurus here with experience would be most welcome, and appreciated. Thanks, Dan Semonoff

Reply to
semonoff

Dan,

I've used Camtasia for the last couple of years. Never had a problem with recorded volume issues. See if you can beg-borrow-don't steal another microphone. Also, make sure that multiple recording software applications aren't running (some automatically start up with the machine). I once recall not being able to get any volume no matter what I did. Went through couple of applications until I found one that came with the video card and some obscure application (danger of accepting "typical" installation. It had the speakers on "mute". Ended up uninstalling the application (never used it). Note - somehow it was activated even though I never used the application. Havent' had the problem since. Maybe same issue but with volume level instead of "mute"?

Len

Reply to
lmar