Config specific description in a note?

Is there an easy way to put a config specific description in a note?

SWX2004pr1 SWX2003sp3.1

Thanks in advance, Leo

Reply to
Leo Hursh

"Leo Hursh" wrote in news:Xrc%a.673$XM2.296 @news02.roc.ny:

Make a config specific custom property with the different note texts as values, and then link the note to the custom property. I tested it and it works in SW04pr1.

matt.

Reply to
matt

Hello there Matt!

I made up a quickie model and drawing to illustrate your advice to our friend here.

I always had a really hard time with this in the beginning and a model and drawing to study would have helped me.

Hope all is well with you.

Regards-

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net (Sean-Michael Adams) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Hey, Sean!

Things are well here. I hope the same for you all.

Nice site! Is that new? I haven't seen it before. I'm gonna have to add a link to it from mine. I'm always wishing I knew more about sheetmetal, maybe reading some of your stuff will help.

Here's a sheetmetal question someone asked me that I haven't come up with a good answer to:

Say the finished dimensions of a sheetmetal box are 2x2x(whatever), and it has a bottom and 4 sides, the top being open. What is the best way, other than shelling a 2x2 box and ripping the corners, to do this without starting with a piece 2x(2-(2r+2t)) where the corners look reasonable?

The only thing I could come up with is making a 2x2xt plate and making a straight line miter flange around all 4 sides, like this:

Is there a better way or would you make a U shape and back out the thickness and radius for the other two vertical sides when you make the initial extrude? Would you use the "close corners" function? I guess I'm looking for a tutorial on sheetmetal corners.

Thanks,

matt.

Reply to
matt