copy and array problems

Will someone please tell me why after a sketch entity is made on top of a thinly extruded rectangle, and I want to copy the sketch maybe 20 times along a row, that a RMB in the drawing area does not always offer the option of "copy" or "move entities"? Is there a particular mode that I need to be in in order to have this option? Is there a correct sequence to invoking and using both tools? To have the ability to copy a line-sketch is sometimes very important to the particular type of work that we do here. Also, the help files state that an Array tool is available, which I find invaluable in Autocad. Can someone tell me how to activate this tool in Solidworks? I am using Solidworks 2007 if makes a difference, I don't even see the icon for Array, anywhere. Thanking you, Ben

Reply to
ben-halpin

view toolbars customize commands features linear pattern

bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

view toolbars customize commands sketch linear sketch pattern

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

select geometry, ctrl-c, ctrl-v

other poster said where the array pattern was..

Reply to
tnik

Reply to
Mr_Mao

You are usually better off to pattern the feature instead of patterning the sketch. It's usually faster to rebuild and the user interface is better.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

I'll second that notion, I just tested it, doing 2 different patterns of roughly 80 parts via sketch, then via feature. Feature rebuilt ~60% faster, and didn't bog my system down like the sketch pattern did.

Reply to
tnik