Cost Of One Solidworks Seat??

Thinking of branching out from Acad to Solidworks

the local Solidworks rep is taking their time calling me back

was wondering what the average price is for one seat of Solidworks? Just the base version, not the Office versions, no extras.

tnks

Reply to
Joe

Budget about $5K plus about $1500/yr for support (not required, but you get all the latest updates and new versions when they come out. The support payment is a great way to budget for your software cost as you will never have to buy the new versions of the software again if you keep your support contract current. Plus, you can always call and get help from the seller's techies).

Reply to
Jaeger

In the US basic SW sells for $3,995. The reseller will also want to sell a year's subscription for around $1,300, but you really wouldn't need it right now. Since SW2007 is about at the end of it's release cycle it will be stable so if you forgo the subscription you should be able to get into it for the base price. If it works for you then you would have to pay a "fine" for letting subscription drop. You would be better served if you spent the $1,300 on Essentials training as most ACAD users will need it because of the radical change in mindset when moving to 3D parametric feature based modeling. If you liked SW you could then spend the subscription money on training for the next few years and work toward a Certified SolidWorks Professional status.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

"TOP" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

I believe here (France), there is no "fine" for letting subscription drop, if you have NEVER been on sub. - Check on your side, as I am not so sure. Another reason not to jump into sub at once, if you can get the last SP of the current verion (2007)

Reply to
Jean Marc

We payed 6000 Euro per standard seat....

(~8200 USD)

We are placed in Denmark.

Reply to
Ronni