CRASHING and unknown ERRORS accessing documents

2007 office pro sp 4.0

Having constant but intermittent crashing when working with drawings. Sometimes allows me to save document, sometimes not. I now have a message stating, "An unknown error occurred whilst accessing c:\...........\ Autorecover of (file name).

I am not trying to over write the auto recovery file!

I can not save, (or as copy) anywhere! Folder is fine, as I can use word etc.. and save to this location. Shut down and restart has no effect. Changing Solidworks to Solidworks-old in the registry has no effect. Unloading add-ins have no effect. All other programs seem to be working fine.

Any ideas?

Reply to
pete

Try to do File, Find References (Pack and Go in 07)

If that doesn't work, try opening some of the sub-assemblies and Ctrl- Q.

beyond that, clean out your temp and run a defrag (I prefer PerfectDisk for defraging)

Josh

solidsmack