"Cut Hole with Decal"??

Anyone see this new material type for illumination - "Cut Hole with Decal".

What is it or what does it do?

Seems like it should be a decal material type, no?

Ah... the martians put it there!? Silly martians...

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I experimented a little with that setting but couldn't get it to do anything special.

Would be nice to know what it does.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

BTW, "cut hole with decal" is and was in the earlier SW04 PW2 editor.

manager/plastics/miscellaneous/cut hole with decal.

(it has the black square on the grey sphere)

I tried it also but saw nothing special about it/them?

It may be a future material for deformation or for alpha transparency which simulates a cut?

hmm...

"Mike J. Wils>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

My first thought was that is was the new way of doing that one technique I did called "X-ray Vision".

I envisioned a decal mask that would allow one to see inside the model (in other words, what's behind that face).

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Yep, that makes sense and it would be useful.

..

"Mike J. Wils>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I noticed this about a month ago and had the same thoughts / questions. I haven't had time to play with it. I'll see what I can find out.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez