DRAWING?????

Can you add your own symbols and text to the symbol library in SW? I want to be able to quickly add text to dimensions like TYP. or DRILL
AND TAP without having to type it in everytime.
Regards, Stewart
thestew wrote:

If you are using the hole wizard for your standard holes, the hole callout text file can be edited so that this information will be inserted for each type of hole.
-
Stewart, May I suggest not using the term "Drill and Tap" in your thread callouts, since drilling and tapping of a thread is self- evident by the presence of a threat callout (whether or not the drill diameter is mentioned)? Sorry for addressing something you didn't ask about. :)
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com

I would agree with this, although I have had one supplier complain about my drawings not "explicitly" stating that holes are tapped.
John H

LOL John. That's pretty funny. Did you verbally grown when that vendor made that complaint? :)

I'm guessing they forgot to tap it and didn't want to pay for the re-work.
Hi Stewart,
The easiest way is to make a favorite.
1. Make a dimension the way you like it with the TYP and DRILL AND TAP or whatever 2. In the properties of that dimension at the very top there's a favorites bar, expand that if it's collapsed 3. Hit the second button to add a favorite. 4. Save your favorite file out and share with your friends : )
Josh www.solidsmack.com

I agree with "fcsuper", reference to actual machining or manufacturing operations are not to be used except in for special circumstance. And in those special cases, the words "MANDATORY MACHINING OPERATIONN" are to be used.
However, if you insist, you may want to consider "Dimension Favorites".
Is this an official standard or a company standard? I'm the only guy here where I work so I don't get to 'keep up' as much as I may like.
Thanks
Eddie wrote:

ANSI Y14.5M 1994 does cover this point about not calling out processes. I recommend purchasing it.
Matt http://sw.fcsuper.com
Hi Stewart,
the easiest way is to create a favorite 1. Make a dimension the way you like it with the TYP and DRILL AND TAP or whatever 2. In the properties of that dimension at the very top there's a favorites bar, expand that if it's collapsed 3. Hit the second button to add a favorite. 4. Save your favorite file out and share with your friends : )
Josh www.solidsmack.com

Man that is great, I never noticed that bar before. But do I have to load the favorite everytime?
You'll have to load them each time, but it's not too bad.
In Option, File Locations, Annotation/Dimension Favorites set up a common folder you can store all your favorites in.
When you're in a new document, select a dimension and on that Favorites bar select the last button, Load Favorites. Drag a selection box around them to select all the ones you want and hit Open.
Josh www.solidsmack.com

Don't forget to try loading them into your templates.