DRAWING?????

Can you add your own symbols and text to the symbol library in SW? I want to be able to quickly add text to dimensions like TYP. or DRILL AND TAP without having to type it in everytime.

Regards, Stewart

Reply to
thestew

If you are using the hole wizard for your standard holes, the hole callout text file can be edited so that this information will be inserted for each type of hole.

fcsuper

Hi Stewart,

The easiest way is to make a favorite.

  1. Make a dimension the way you like it with the TYP and DRILL AND TAP or whatever
  2. In the properties of that dimension at the very top there's a favorites bar, expand that if it's collapsed
  3. Hit the second button to add a favorite.
  4. Save your favorite file out and share with your friends : )

Josh

solidsmack

I agree with "fcsuper", reference to actual machining or manufacturing operations are not to be used except in for special circumstance. And in those special cases, the words "MANDATORY MACHINING OPERATIONN" are to be used.

However, if you insist, you may want to consider "Dimension Favorites".

Reply to
Eddie

Hi Stewart,

the easiest way is to create a favorite

  1. Make a dimension the way you like it with the TYP and DRILL AND TAP or whatever
  2. In the properties of that dimension at the very top there's a favorites bar, expand that if it's collapsed
  3. Hit the second button to add a favorite.
  4. Save your favorite file out and share with your friends : )

Josh

solidsmack

Man that is great, I never noticed that bar before. But do I have to load the favorite everytime?

Reply to
thestew

You'll have to load them each time, but it's not too bad.

In Option, File Locations, Annotation/Dimension Favorites set up a common folder you can store all your favorites in.

When you're in a new document, select a dimension and on that Favorites bar select the last button, Load Favorites. Drag a selection box around them to select all the ones you want and hit Open.

Josh

solidsmack

Is this an official standard or a company standard? I'm the only guy here where I work so I don't get to 'keep up' as much as I may like.

Thanks

Eddie wrote:

Reply to
wc

solidsmack wrote in news:1181677685.619783.126570 @g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Don't forget to try loading them into your templates.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I would agree with this, although I have had one supplier complain about my drawings not "explicitly" stating that holes are tapped.

John H

Reply to
John H

suggest not using the term "Drill and Tap" in your

LOL John. That's pretty funny. Did you verbally grown when that vendor made that complaint? :)

Reply to
fcsuper

ANSI Y14.5M 1994 does cover this point about not calling out processes. I recommend purchasing it.

Matt

fcsuper

I'm guessing they forgot to tap it and didn't want to pay for the re-work.

Reply to
Dale Dunn