Symbol library

Please confirm this for me and then I will send it in.
Start a new drawing in SW SP3.0 (2.1 & 2005 Beta both work ok.)
Put in a note, dimension, weld - anything that uses a symbol library, like
centerline, fillet weld, etc.
As long as the first library you pick is Modifying Symbols, you can then
pick another library. But then after that, the box in which to pick another
library is grayed out. Also, if you pick a library other than Modifying
Symbols as your first, you then have no other choices. It doesn't seem to
matter what you use the symbol for, just the fact that you don't have the
opportunity to pick a symbol library after using one other than Modifying
Symbols.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Wayne,
I noticed this before. But I thought it was tied to the Weld Symbol command. I could put notes in all day long with Symbols in them, but after I put in a weld symbol, and then added a note later, the drop-down was grayed out. To fix it, I had to go and change the Weld Symbol drop down list. Then when i did the Note, the drop down was fixed.
Mr. Pickles
Reply to
Mr. Pickles
Aha! - I have found it!
It appears that the reason Modifying Symbols is different is because when you invoke it, it comes up by default on diameter, whereas the others all(?) come up on . So, when that happens, just pick one in that group and this will un-gray the library selection box, then go on about your merry way. :-)
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Confirmed.
Not identical but similiar experience. Can't remember the combination, but if you push the right buttons you can get the other symbols to re-appear, activate.
Len
Reply to
Len K. Mar