Re: Dia dims on an aligned section

There's a whole list of symbols that you can add to *any* dimension. Do your (aligned) dimension, then select that dimension and look at the options availble in the Feature Manager area. There's 3 text boxes there, and a bunch of symbols below the lowest text box. One text box is for the line above your dimension, the middle text box is where the dimension appears, and the bottom text box is for the lines below the dimension. I think when you insert one of the symbols (click the symbol), they automatically appear/default in the lowest text box, but you can copy/paste the symbol text to any of those other boxes, and anywhere in that box (before, after, above, below, or wherever from your dimension text). Also, you can even paste that symbol into a separate annotation note comment.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Bolen

I know how to add symbols to dims and annotations. What I meant by the original post is that SWX won't even let me do an aligned dimension on an aligned section view. It refuses to let me select the edges undoubtedly because they aren't in the same plane. This is idiotic though because I should be able to put a diameter dimension on without having to fudge it. The way I've been fudging it is by selecting one of the edges and converting it to a sketch entity in the dwg then putting an aligned dim on and finally adding the dia symbol in the dimension. It works but is more steps than it needs to be. In a large revolved part it's a waste of my time.

devlin

Reply to
Devlin