Aligning notes problem

Ok, whats the secret, I have a series of numbered notes on the face of the drawing, some of the numbers I wish to enclose in a triangle, how do I get the this accomplished and get the triangled (?) notes to print in line with the respective sentence it refers to?

Reply to
Phil Evans

i take it you're using 2003 or earlier. i create my notes as a single entity (1 thu N as a single note). i then create the triangle(s) and alt+drag over the note number which needs to be flagged. there's an align toolbar that can be useful if you have separate notes. i sure miss justification points/anchors and precision snapping from that other software i used to use.

2004 makes this a little easier as you can insert flagged numbers into your note (annotation). i wish 2004 wasn't such dog, pig or whatever someone wishes to call it, so i could take advantage of the drawing enhancements. drawing enhancements are my primary interest next to sheetmetal.
Reply to
kenneth b

If you window or ctrl select both notes and rightclick on one of them you get a pop-up menu you will see there is an option to align. Then select the alignment you want. If you just want to drag with out it jumping to infered locations hold Alt down while draging.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

If you get something that looks good make a block out of it. Then you can import the block into other drawings and it is already setup how you want it all you have to do is edit the text.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I believe you are talking about how the triangle (delta) notes seem to print in a different location than they appear to be on the drawing. The trick is to zoom way in on the delta note and then you can get an approximation of where the delta note will print in relation to the note.

Reply to
David Clifton

Hi Ken, how do you insert flagged numbers into your note?? I am using 2004

Reply to
Phil Evans

Reply to
Phil Evans

double click on note, de-select text & place blinking cursor where you want to add the symbol. on left side, in feature manager, select the "add symbol" button. change the symbol library (drop down list) to the one desired.

Reply to
kenneth b