drill point extruded

I have a .5" rod with a .156 extruded hole that's supposed to be a drilled hole half way through the length of the rod.

How can I get an extruded 30 degree drill point to be added to the flat end of my hole?

thanks if anyone can help.

Reply to
Dewittian

Two methods:

First is to extrude the hole to the depth of the point of the drill and then put a chamfer into the bottom of it.

Second is to create the hole with the hole wizard, or at least the same method of drawing the side view and revolve cut it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

On SW 2003 sp 4.1 I was able to Cut-Extrued to a point by having a draft angle of 60° and extrude past the conical point.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Use sketch, centerline and revolve cut command to create the hole and drill point profile all at once. If the flat bottom hole already exists, then cut revolve just the drill tip profile.

Or use hole wizard to accomplish this task

Kman

Reply to
Kman