Estimating

We get a lot of solid models from customers with no drawings. Our estimating department is not proficient with solidworks. Is there any software or any way to generate cost estimates from models. Just trying to get some ideas. Let me know.

Thanks,

Reply to
thestew

eDrawings?

Reply to
That70sTick

Do the solid models follow any kind of standard? It is possible in SW to include the things normally found on a drawing like GD&T, tolerances, surface finishes and notes in the solid model. However, I have the idea that your customer's are just sending plain old solid models (POSM).

What are these solid models of? Plastic molded parts? Stampings? Something else? It makes a difference.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

We just get whatever they send and we usually have to import them in to solidworks. Mostly sheetmetal stuff. We get a lot of parasolid and iges files. Edrawings is a good idea if we can get estimaters trained on the measuring tools.

Reply to
thestew