exploding on an "angle"

When I take and want to "expode" a small assemlby mounted on an angle, when I use the explode funtion, the "explode" does not want to come apart normal to the angled surface it is mounted to. Is there a way to have it come apart i.e. explode normal to the surface it is mounted to? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
billyb

billyb wrote in news:f759130b-3942-4dfb-8cad- snipped-for-privacy@e4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Look up the manipulator triad in the help.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Look at the Settings box before you pick your component to explode. The pink box is the component you want to explode and the white box below it is the direction to explode along. When you pick a component, SolidWorks will pick a default direction to explode it along. You can click in that box and pick the face that you want the component to move perpendicular to.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

THANK YOU, found it, should have looked deeper, again thank you!

Reply to
billyb