Extrude Draft Angle not previewing-2004sp3

It's probably just a setting, but I've looked and didn't find one...

...when extruding a sketch, either a cut or a boss, my preview graphics on the screen don't update when I check or uncheck the Draft Outward option. It'll update the Depth and Direction, but not Angle.

Also seems I've seen where the preview was a shaded area, on mine it's simply represented with lines.

This is 2004sp3

Any ideas?

Thanks Whit

Reply to
hayduke

Mine works just fine - SW2004 SP3.0. Maybe something with Large Assy mode?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Nope, happens in parts, I didn't even check it in assemblies.

Whit

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
hayduke

aHA!

Tools> Options> System Options> Performance(of all places)> Use Shaded Preview

Whit

Reply to
hayduke

Oh, but of course - anybody knows you have to have that turned on. :-)

I checked mine, and it is, in fact, turned on. Why would someone want that off? Slow video maybe? Anyway, glad you finally found it - you felt there had to be a setting, but didn't know what. Good job, and thanks for letting us know what it was.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yeah, since my boss moved out of town (lucky dog works from home in another state), I'm kind of a one man show, doing all sorts of things I didn't used to do and I don't have someone across the office to pester with these little things anymore.

It's one reason I don't use my real name, just in case I need it rant about my employeer ;o)

Take care & thanks again

Whit

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to