feature manager

I am looking for an easy way to sort parts within the feature manager. Any suggestions? I would like the parts to be alphabetized if possible.

THANKS, Jason

Reply to
Jason

I thought it could be done with a macro, but API offers only a PartDoc::ReorderFeature, there is no AssemblyDoc::ReorderFeature . So my answer is no, it cannot be done, sorry... You might forward this to apisupport at solidworks dot com to request an SPR on this...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

alt + drag, be careful when you let go. ;)

Reply to
kenneth b

To resize horizontally: ModelDoc2.SetFeatureManagerWidth (this is normally shrunk to zero to make it 'disappear')

To move splitter bar vertically: ModelDoc2.FeatureManagerSplitterPosition

To make disappear: get the hwnd with FeatMgrView::GetFeatMgrViewWnd

paste this code into code module: '-------------------------------------------- Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long Public Const SW_Hide = 0 '-----------------------------------

' and call this code with "app_hWnd" being the hwnd you got from SW.... x% = ShowWindow(app_hWnd, SW_Hide)

Reply to
rocheey