flat pattern rotated to weird angle

It seems like I remember a trick to allow you to rotate a drawing view using a horizontal (or vertical) sketch line as a reference... Any body else remember that and maybe how to do it?

TIA Wormsign

Reply to
WormSign

How about pick the face, hit spacebar, view normal and then make that a custom view for the drawing.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Drawing views can be rotated using the same 'rotate' button you use in

3d. In a drawing, rotate opens a dialoque that allows you to enter a number of degrees to rotate the view.
Reply to
Zander

The one I was thinking of was...select a edge in a view, got to TOOLS / ALIGN DRAWING VIEW / and then pick HORIZONTAL or VERTICAL edge and the view will rotate accordingly. The view I was trying to orient was a flat of a lofted bend which has not straight edges..so this method didn't work.

Wormsign

Reply to
WormSign

I am aware of that, but that only works if the face of the part is parallel to the view plane. The method I am suggesting will give true dimension for any orientation in the part if it is possible. I prefer setting up my parts for the front, right and top views I will use in the drawing so that I can reliably automate drawing production.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

also, changing the "fixed" face of the flat-pattern will sometimes produce the desired view.

Reply to
kenneth