flex use problem

I am trying to use the flex feature to make an adjustment to a complex part. The only reason I try this is because it has the potential of saving a lot of time, since going back into the original geometry would be.... let just say, painful.

My problem is this: I want to achieve a result like what is shown in the help file where it describes flex Trim Planes. In the example a pipe assembly has a straight section bent 90°. It only bends within the trim plane area, and the rest of the part remains (apparently) static without moving. However, I cannot seem to get part of my model to remain stationary in world space. I am getting a bend between the planes, but the part is moving in space on both sides of the planes.

If you look at the help file at this pop-up example, it would be as if the part on the right of the red plane were to also move in space, rather than stay stationary. It is not that it is being deformed, just that the tail is wagging the dog.

Hopefully I am just missing some silly setting or action. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

TIA Daniel

Reply to
daniel

Well... I sort of was. I finally found that the triad needs to be on exactly the plane as the trim plane. It is just not obvious or one click to set. But now it works... hopefully saving me LOTS of time!

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

Untill this was mentioned I have never played with this...

THANK YOU

This is a seriously funky and useful function!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

Reply to
BEN EADIE