Free 3D Cad model of human heart

Hi, I am looking for CAD models of human heart. I have some CT scan of heart in the form of point cloud data but can't get into CAD software like Pro/E. I found that

has what I require but registering would cost $75. Please let me know if you have. If so, could you please email me.

Thanks, Prem.

Reply to
Prem Rachakonda

look in Google for software called "Raindrop" by Geomagic. This is the tool you need.

Reply to
TheTick

You might try:

3D CAFE --

a more direct link would be:

you will see a file named "heart01.zip"

Not sure how much this will help you -- because you will run into the = same limitation with the 3DS file format - -even if you get it into DXF = or IGES it is only wireframe -- you will still need some rev enginerring = software like raindrop or Rapidform. It is possible to get an = evaluation of rapid form --> however you will have to put up with a = salesman calling you asking when your ready to buy. If your not willing = to spend $75 then you will definately not want to pay well over 6 or =

10,000! =20

I have had some luck by downloading a Rhino trial & using the = surface drape function -- this will simulate laying a cloth other the = wireframe. Then exporting thoes surfaces to solidworks or pro e & using = your cut with surface command after putting a solid cube through the = surfaces. only limitation here is that you will loose fine detail & = through holes will not be fully through, but only dip down into the = hole. Plus you will need to use the drape from the three primary views = & possibly even more & then export each surface in order to get all of = the shapes.

other than that -- you might as well pay the 75.00

Hope that helps! Steve Tietz

Thanks, Prem.

Reply to
RENDERMAN

The models you see there are not solids!! be aware of it!!!

Michael

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

Thanks to you all. It helped me a lot. A gentleman took pains to get me the model I require.

Reply to
Prem Rachakonda