3D model of a rifle

Hello all;
I'm looking for a 3d model of a rifle, or for that matter any "long
gun"
I may have to model one up myself, but if anyone knows of one, please
let me know.
I'd be grateful,
--Matt Schroeder
Reply to
solidworksproductdesign
Just the upper and lower receivers for AR-15, but maybe a good start?
Reply to
Mike Young
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the web page.
I had those models, and thought I might do just what you say, and start with that.
One thing I am appreciative of is you pointing me to the CNC Gunsmithing site, since I found those models over six months ago I lost the website, and I think it's pretty interesting since I work in the sporting arms and ammunition industry.
If I do make a model I'll try to make it available.
I may have found another way, by converting a 3DS file with a program called CtrlView where I may succeed translating a 3D studio file to iges.
That can be found here:
Thanks much,
--Matt Schroeder
Reply to
Matt Schroeder
Also ShapeWorks (
) can convert any 3DS files to SolidWorks geometry inside SolidWorks.
Mike
Reply to
Baren-Boym Company
I downloaded their free trial, the results were disappointing to say the least. It did convert 3ds to a very large IGES but the surfaces where made up of lots of triangles, which made the model useless to me.
John Layne
John Layne